Sunday, March 11, 2012

My First Book Review

Christ’s Gifts to WOMEN
By Heather B. Moore and Angela Eschler

Synopsis:

At times, we are faithful Latter-day Saint women struggle to understand exactly who Christ is in our lives We fail to comprehend the gifts He offers us as we strive to overcome the challenges we face.  But Christ’s great message to us is that He has overcome this world---He has given women great gifts that empower us and help us realize we are not alone.

Review:

When I first received Christ’s Gifts to Women in the mail, I must say I was in awe of the beautiful art work.  I spent more than an hour pouring over the beautifulness of the masterpieces that were chosen to depict each gift, verse and thought.  Each work of art on the pages of the book even evoked some positive spiritual experiences from the past. I was grateful for the memories and positive feelings that came.

When I started reading I was amazed of the thoughtfulness that was placed in each word and gift.  The new understanding that came from each of the gifts touched my heart.  It was a time for me to step back and meditate over each gift that Christ has for us.  It was a gentle reminder for each of us as women that Christ Our Savior –worries about us, loves us unconditionally and even in his own way prays for our safety and journey home to him.

The Gift of Mercy shows us of His acceptance of each and every one of us.  He loved the women that the Scribes and Pharisees’’ brought before Him to punish.  He knew of the woman’s struggles and he more importantly knew her heart.  He showed this by saying something as simple; but hard to do “ye without sin cast the first stone”.  He loves us unconditionally for whatever our hardships are.

The Gift of Experience touches the heart to know that “Jesus Wept” found in John 11:35.  Every time I read this passage it touches me so deeply to know that I am even counted in the tears that Jesus shed that day.  His desire for us to know His Father’s plan is so very heartwarming ----Jesus does love me!

The Gift of Wholeness for someone to have the faith of the woman spoke of in gift of wholeness.  The faith, love, and understanding of Christ’s gifts as she has been a cast out from her own family because of an illness they thought were impure.  She touched his robe!  Nothing more than a simple touch and His gift of love were placed upon her and her illness of her lifetime was cured and taken from her.  The pure love of Christ is truly depicted in this gift.  It is there for our asking ---that leaves us with food for thought.  

There two more gifts that the authors, Heather B. Moore and Angela Eschler share and explain. I am saving those for you to experience on your own.  The truly heartwarming spirit that this book was written with will touch your heart very deeply as it did mine.  I know this will be a go to book for me to help me through the daily trials that meet as our front door each time we open.

I considered this an honor to be able to read and review this book.  It made me remember I am truly a daughter of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is my brother and they are there to protect , love and grow in all my endeavors in life. 
Thank you, Heather B. Moore and Angela Eschler for this opportunity to read and review.  Reading this book was an experience I will not forget for a long time. 

 **** I was given the opportunity to review this book and my opinions are honest and from the heart  





1 comment:

  1. Barbara, thanks so much for your review. It was very touching. I feel like we could talk for hours. I really appreciate your thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete